Are you living in A360 more these days, and less in your email? Do you receive A360 email notifications that you don’t find useful? This is the tip for you.
Notifications are triggered when an item is added to your Activity stream that is meant for your attention or action. There are many reasons to receive notifications, including:
- Updates to items for which you select the “Alert Me” option
- Project items for which the sender includes you in the “Share With” box
- Project items on which you commented, liked or updated a new version of the file
- Activities related to people and projects you follow
- When you enable email notifications to be sent when a particular activity occurs
There are two different ways to receive and view notifications: on-screen alerts, and by email.
If you find yourself receiving email notifications for alerts that you don’t feel are necessary, you can manage the emails you receive for certain types of items, and certain actions taken on items.
To do this, first click on your profile photo. This brings up a drop-down. Click on “Settings.”
In the Settings menu, click on “Notifications.”
This brings up the Manage Notifications page. By default, all boxes will be checked, meaning that you receive all possible notifications. Uncheck the boxes for the type of notifications you no longer want to receive. In this example, I’ve unchecked “Posts a comment on a Link”, “Likes my Link” and “Approves my request to join a project.”
When you’re done selecting which notifications you’d like to receive, click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
You’re done! You will no longer receive notifications for these types of alerts.