On Saturday May 30th, we updated A360. You spoke in the forums and the IdeaStation and we heard you! We focused on improving features and fixing some quality issues that you reported. Here’s a summary.
Changing Your Email
Previously, you reported issues accessing A360 after changing your email address in your Autodesk Account (accounts.autodesk.com). Now you can change your email address easily, and quickly access your accounts without interruption.
We’ve improved some messages to better inform you and point you in the right direction:
- Signing in to a deleted hub: When you try signing in to an expired A360 hub, you will be redirected to sign up for a new hub, as the deleted hub is no longer associated with their Autodesk ID.
- When you try signing in to the hub specifically by typing in the hub URL, <companyname>.autodesk360.com, you will see a more accurate message as shown below.
- Enabling/disabling Project Contributor access: As an A360 Team Administrator, you will now see proper messaging about enabling/disabling Project Contributor access.
- Account deactivation: As an A360 Team Administrator, when you deactivate the account of a Team Member or Project Contributor, that person is now shown a proper message the next time he or she signs in to A360.
Fusion 360 Improvements
- Improved access to Fusion 360 items: Fusion designs when opened in A360 now show up in card view.
- Refreshed Fusion design icon:Fusion designs get the right icons now.
- Improved project join workflow: Previously, when you received an invite to a project, you were required to accept the invitation and then join the project. Now, when you receive the invite to a project, you will be asked to accept the invitation on the fly as you enter the project.
- Verify your email only once: Email verification to create or join A360 hubs has been made much simpler. Once your email is verified, we don’t bother you to verify again and again!
- Play embedded videos: Videos uploaded to A360 can be embedded and played directly from within wiki pages and HTML pages.
- File comment replies made easier: Previously, the only way to reply to a comment on a design file was with another comment. Now you can reply directly to a specific comment with the ”Enter a Reply” option.
- Comment on an image: Now you can take a snapshot while viewing a design file, and comment on the captured image as shown below.
- See inside 3D designs. Use the Section Analysis tool to cross section a model or object using the section plane.