As an A360 Customer Success Representative, my team talks with customers all day on the forums. Lately we’ve received a few questions from users wanting info on the A360 purchase process.
Below are the steps to assist you in your purchase of A360 Team as well how to properly assign the entitlement(s).
- Learn how to purchase online via the Autodesk Store, as well how the Value Added Reseller process differs.
- Learn how to add new subscriptions to an already existing paid A360 Team hub.
- If you’ve NOT created an A360 Team trial hub yet, go to com and do so first before proceeding.
- Know that any email address can only be associated with one A360 Team hub at a time. (Account ID required)
Step 1: From your A360 Team trial hub, click your profile picture, and then click Subscription Details.
Step 2: On the hub’s Subscription Details page, click Purchase Subscriptions.
Step 3: From the I Want to Buy: section, select the license Period (Monthly or Annual) as well the quantity of licenses you need for your team size. (Basic Support is included).
Step 4: Review the order details and click Submit Order. Notice that you’ll receive three separate emails after your submission.
Step 5: From the third email, click Access Autodesk Account to begin the activation of your A360 Team hub. You, the assumed Contract Manager, will be redirected to the manage.autodesk.com page where you’ll then add your team members and assign your A360 entitlements.
Step 6: Click “Manage Users” at upper right corner.
Step 7: Add your people to the user list first. (Note: checkbox at bottom of dialogue that will skip you to step 9).
Step 8: Click Edit Access and assign an available entitlement to each.
Steps 9: Expand the Autodesk A360 Team section.
Step 10: In the upper-right corner of the section, to the right of the Autodesk A360 Team entitlement, click Assign” box at the upper right area of the dialogue.
Step 11: If you’re assigning the entitlements to others besides the hub’s Team Administrator, you’ll want to uncheck the Autodesk 360 Team entitlement in the lower area of the section so that the other Team Members don’t accidentally create a new A360 Team hub, other than the one you have currently
How the purchase process differs when doing so through your local VAR:
If a customer would like to purchase through their local VAR (Value Added Reseller), the process is the same as shown above with these following exceptions:
- The VAR will submit the order on behalf of the customer through their AOE (Autodesk Order Entry) system.
- Bypassing steps 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- The VAR must identify the Customer Contract Admin’s email address on the order so that the entitlement is assigned correctly.
- Remember the customer must have an A360 Team trial hub created prior to their VAR submitting the order to ensure conversion to a paid hub since only one hub can be associated with an email address.
- The Customer will not receive the first 2 emails (discussed in Step 4), but will receive the third email, (Step 5)
- The Customer entitlement process is the same from step 5 on.
How does one add additional subscriptions to an already existing paid A360 Team hub?
- Follow the steps in the below screen shot to get to the right place in your current A360 Team hub first.
- Then, go right back to step 2 above. You’ll follow all the same steps from Step 2 on and get notified that your entitlements are ready to be assigned to your new members just like you did the first time you ordered.
How can I switch from a monthly to an annual contract with an existing A360 Team hub?
- Remember that your A360 Team hub is tied to the user Account ID (email) that created it.
- As long as that user Account ID (email) has an entitlement to A360 Team, then that user’s A360 Team hub will remain active.
- If the entitlement is removed or the contract ends, then users will have 30 days within which to download model data stored within the hub before it is permanently removed.
- If the entitlement is restored to the user while the hub still exists, then it will be re-activated.
Hopefully this helps. Leave your feedback in the comments!